Search This Blog

Cortana the most Human AI of Today

Image via Link
Part of the windows 10 experience, baked right into the search bar next the start menu button on the home screen, Microsoft's AI personal assistant is able to be activated by just saying "Hey Cortana" and if you configure Cortana Settings, she will always be listening for "Hey Cortana" Awesome!!!

The result of many thousands of hours of carefully cultivated natural language processing NLP algorithms, the AI's of today, Apples Siri, Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Cortana, and Google Now, contain a lot of intelligent engineering. The talent baked into the voice activated AI's we can access from our phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers today is amazing! Reminds me of Jarvis from Iron Man, Tony Stark's digital valet!

Cortana has real world skills!

Cortana has more power to do things like book flights, add appointments to your calendar, send text messages and emails, you can even train her to understand your voice better in the Cortana settings by clicking "Learn How I Say "Hey Cortana" / to access these settings just typee "Cortana Settings" into the search bar near the start menu in Windows 10!

Windows 10 the best one Ever!

I am using my mid 14 acer laptop that was updated with Win 10 to write this posting, after configuring Cortana this morning. I desire for her to answer complex questions like "hey cortana, when will you become more intelligent than the average human", she responds by putting me to an "Edge Browser" search, the snappy fast browser included with Win 10. I am impressed with Edge as a browser, it seems to be rapidly catching up with Google Chrome, and Safari in OSX. In some ways Edge is more fluid, the search results are more intelligent/ relevant, and it launches remarkably quickly, probably so precache RAM load wizardry in the Win 10 OS making that happen, purely a speculation on my part! I also suspect a lot of cloud support is behind Cortana and Edge's function simultaneously, and that is very slick. Whatever they did, Microsoft did an awesome job with Windows 10, Cortana, and the Edge browser.

Cortana's Skills 

She gives intelligent responses to the following types of voice queries (incomplete list) :


What’s the weather like?

What’s on my schedule?

What’s the status of my flight?

How long will it take me to get to [place]?

Show me directions to [place].

Show me my notes.

Create an appointment.

Move my appointment.

Set a reminder.

Show me my reminders.

Set an alarm.

Show me my alarms.

How tall is Jeff Goldblum?

Define “superfluous.”

When is Labor Day?

How long is Age of Ultron?

Who is the CEO of Microsoft?

What’s the theme song to Firefly?

What is one US dollar in Japanese yen?

What time is it in California?

Show me Indian restaurants nearby.

Show me pictures of Mila Kunis.

Show me a video of how to deseed pomegranates.

When is the next baseball game?

Where are my packages?

When does Battle and Brew close

What is tonsillitis?

What’s in a Tom Collins




No comments:

Post a Comment