Search This Blog

Not 10,000, At Least 7,500 Steps Per Day

What does the actual medical science say about walking steps per day to reduce all cause morality rates? Does it matter what research you read or what kind of pedometer you use? It turns out that 7500 steps per day perfectly adequate to get the blood flowing enough to stave off the cardiovascular & capillary damaging effects of sitting around & not moving enough. So go for a walk now, embrace the power of now! Believe you can walk more & the law of attraction means you will walk more! Just Believe! 

Think 7,500 Steps Per Day / or More! 

Movement is Life

This is really hard on people stuck in hospital beds & in wheel chairs, especially those power chairs where you can use a little joy stick & batteries + a motor to move about without exerting any additional blood pressure or physical activity movement. 

People that Wear Fitness Trackers Move 2500 steps per day more! 

Yes, people stuck in bed & those power chairs have much higher incidents of stroke, clotting, embolism & heart diseases & diseases of the tiny capillaries that cause foot ulcers & other wounds not to heal, damage to the kidneys, damage to the brain, vascular damage harms the heart, the lungs & the brain, but also bad for the retina of the eyes. 

Yes movement is life, without out you literarily fall apart from vascular degeneration. Even if your have billions of $, without your health you have nothing. Who wants to feel sick? That's not an interesting or dynamic life, sitting around not doing anything feeling sick. We have muscles and joints so that we can move & do things. So stop reading this blog & go for a walk! :P 

Fitness Tracker Wearables

MEMS accelerometer 3-axis chipsets that work with the SOC stacked logic, these micro-electro-mechanical systems are able to track body movement because the deformation of the little metal arms in these devices causes a change in voltage that the CMOS chipset converts to a bit stream fed into the SOC so fitness or movement data can be extracted using noise reduction ADC / DAC software so that Apple Watch can spin up nested colored rings to display information to show you how many hours you have been (blue) standing, (green) exercising or (red) moving respectively, or minutes. LiPo battery electronic devices that are widely popular, selling by the 10's of millions of units annually. 

Health Insight From Noisy Sensor Data

To convert the MEMS movement tracking chip data into accurate movement tracking health data an act of extracting useful information from very noisy signals. Consider what my wrist is doing while I am typing this blog posting on my laptop. It could appear like I am walking, not sitting watching TV but I am sitting. The software on the smartwatch has to do special tricks to convert signals from the chips into health insight information that useful to the end user. 

Smart Watches

Garmin makes some interesting smart-watches. Apple Watch or Samsung Gear, what kind of information jewelry are you wearing on your wrists, or is it that Oura Gen 3 smart ring that my ER surgeon cousin-in-law Blake encouraged me to buy. I went with the 8th gen. Apple Watch for my right wrist since it lets me take phones calls like Dick Tracy & has Inspector Gadget-esque functions & features & a screen that I can interact with to make it shut up with Do Not Disturb or Theater Mode or Airplane Mode or Low Power Mode where it just acts like a time keeper with a little green digital clock on the OLED screen. 

On the left wrist I wear a Stainless-Steel banded Automatic Seiko 5 with "sunburst orange metallic" dial & glow-in-the-dark(phosphorescent green rare-ear ultra glow powder in epoxy) diving watch inspired circles for the hours, except 3, 6, & 9 which are ovals, and 12 which is a triangle; the second, minute & hours hands of the analog time display also feature "LUME" and some of the best Japanese LUME in the world which glows for 12+ hours which makes it easy to tell the time if I glance in the middle of the night! 

Oura Smart Ring 

I am not putting a link to the Samsung Gear 5 or current Apple Watch, they do not need my help slanging their IoT hardware or wearables, but I have soft spot in my heart of Oura for jamming so much technology into a tiny wearable wring that uses mesh mimo networking to talk to your smartphone, though my Apple Watch 8 does that in more ways with the iPhone 14 since they have proverbial Apple ecosystem "magic" happening between them. Do I sense digital love here? No ! They are electrical mineral non living technical devices or COTS consumer off the shelf technologies, only living beings with a limbic system who can die from mortal wounds, old age or diseases, only living being are able to "Love" sincerely. Robots will only ever be able make a counterfeit impersonation of real human love that can only be shared between living human people, their children, friends, relatives, pets, other living beings like animals, insects, fish, fungi, possibly even bacteria like our beneficial gut microbes or plants that people eat in their salads. 

https://ouraring.com/product/heritage-silver

I like that the Oura smart ring uses less material, a smaller battery & still has green, red & IR LED sensors for the finger skin so that it can do all that kind of spectral imaging of the skin to derive pulse rate, breathing rate, O2 saturation, and other medical data fun :) No display means I have to pull my phone out to look at the Oura Ring data, which I personally detest, since I hate using my smartphone. I resent that people stair into their smartphones with bad for their neck head posture & social decay no group discussion issues from the over-use of smartphones. I try to use my iPhone the least amount possible while still deriving useful value for texting or making phone calls or taking pictures of capturing video clips. 

Fitbit

I have been using a fitness tracker since the Fitbit Ultra in 2011, Then the Charge HR in 2015, Then Surge in 2016. Meg got the Alta AR 2017. Series 1 Apple Watch, then Series 2, then SE, then Series 5 (now Meg's daily) then Series 8 (my current dail) / we started using Apple Smartphones with matching OG SE then she got the 12 mini back then & I got the regular 14 recently. Fitbits charging cables & the charing ports, and the sealed batteries, it was just a problem system where each new Fitbit had a different charging cable & new port, the port would clog, the bands polymer not very breathable caused a skin rash issue, and the LiPo batteries seemed to fade really badly by the end of 2 years. 

I am not tooting Apple's horn of the Apple Watches, but at least they can be opened feasibly for a battery change & continue working & have wireless charging & can take all sorts of different bands of many different kinds. Our current bands are made of stainless pins in links of Zirconia (mine black ceramic, her's white ceramic) since I have a fascination with ultra-strong ceramics, I was able to find these zirconia bands on Amazon for a reasonable price. I gave my the white ceramic Apple Watch band for Valentines Day 2023. 



No comments:

Post a Comment