Search This Blog

Still Coffee Crazy, Dark Roasted Espresso Baby :P

Took a deep dive into Espresso with a Eureka Mignon Notte grinder & cheap Espresso machine with an upgraded basket & I even 3D printed solid a tamper for it which works great even with 20kg of pressure applied & a very precise fit to the 51mm stainless steel basket with wood handle :)

I usually pull a Longo shot or use my Aeropress with espresso grind & pour in water at 185-190 F & let give it a stir & then let I hang out & extract for a few minutes, then plunger it, or in the case of the espresso machine I pull a nice double shot & then let the water heater heat up again & then Longo out more water through the coffee. 

If I wake up really early before 4am like today, I not only do the above, but I take the spent coffee grinds & put them into a big glass jar & then pour hot water over them & let them steep like a French press for another 5 minutes or more, then rinse the paper filter for the Aeropress & reset it into the holder & then use the Aeropress as a filter, pouring the glass jar mix of hot water & espresso grinds into the Aeropress to filter it into a cup for enjoyment. I call this triple extract coffee grounds "Eisenhower" coffee in reference to WWII encouragement to double brew coffee grinds to conserve coffee for the war effort. I also call this engineering coffee since the grinds have been extracted three times 3x to get even more of what is there in ground roasted coffee beans into a watery emulsion for enjoyment :) 

I really like French & Italian dark roasted coffee espresso beans & prefer the toasted charged burned marshmallow leathery bitterness & complex flavors that remind me of camp fires & charred foods that tasty amazing, like grilled to crispy fat from animal flesh or meat :) 

Industrial, even the Japanese who are famous for elaborate tea have an obsession with coffee :) Coffee started its life with people in Ethiopia when goat farmers notices their goats acting strangely after eating coffee fruits from wild growing coffee trees that were native to what is now modern day Ethiopia. I love Ethiopian coffee & Kona coffee from Hawaii, but am not a coffee snob & appreciate most any coffee from around the world & glad there exists many styles to choose from with a range of flavors to keep it more interesting & many methods of preparing it to keep me entertained & engaged in the early morning & in those famous James Hoffman YouTube videos :P 



No comments:

Post a Comment