Search This Blog

Nexus 4 an iPod Touch Alternative ^^

A smartphone without the contract has finally arrived :) for years I have been complaining about the required data plan of smartphones, and their off contract prices were mostly north of $600. Now google is offering the Nexus 4, a real world iPod Touch alternative for $300, boasting all the best internals ^^ Woot Woot ^^
The Goggle LG nexus 4 is about to launch :) After years of iterative kirfy overpriced android handsets that required a data plan, finally the gloomy clouds have broken. As far as I am concerned, the Nexus 4 is a wifi mobil internet device with a solid camera and awesome software. The glass construction is beautiful, albeit fragile as my favorite tech editor noted in his review of the aforementioned device.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/2/3589280/google-nexus-4-review

That said I am super excited to have access to an alternative to my 2.1 year old 4th gen iPod touch with its functional but anemic camera and an modern OS that runs ever less smoothly on the dated hardware.

The new iPod touch 5th Generation is the same price as the Nexus 4, but the Nexus 4 has a better screen, better camera, better processor, and better construction. I admittedly love glass. Glass is an amazing materials, especially thermally chemically strengthened Gorilla Glass by Corning. The Nexus 4 is glass on both sides :) This means that it will be fragile, so as they say YMMV, be careful with it!

Best of all, the Nexus 4 has built in inductive charging ^^ that is so awesome! No plugging in for power, you just set it on a charging puck :)

The Nexus 4 is the first worthy alternative to an iPod Touch! Woot Woot! Go Google!

I am going to hold off on buying one because 8GB of storage on the Nexus 4 is not enough for my purposes. That said, the Nexus 4 is going to set a new bar and a new trend for android handset. I must admit the my investment into iTunes and iOS will probably keep me in the iOS hardware for the foreseeable future until mobil data plans drop to $5/month for 4GB: at which point I will pick up a Nexus 4 or its successor ^^ I disagree with mobile data plans because they are very over priced for the amount of data you get, coverage also tends to be spotty and the wireless companies have a tendency to throttle users that stream content frequently... so data plans as they exist today are not for me!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment