Search This Blog

More Than Sensory Experiences

Tempted to sin like me, on the edge, but not choosing to do wrong? It's a daily choice to call your mind into obedience to the Holy Word of God!

Making time for faith easy if you take time away from the time you spend online, on your phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, all in one, iMac, MacBook, or even your smartwatch or Apple Watch

I spent a few hours every day reading Encarta, Britannica, Wikipedia, Green Car Congress, Auto Blog, Japlopnik, and many other sites browsing news, content, recipes, information, and all sorts of other stuff, even inappropriate things that I knew were wrong to seek out. 

My ability to resist temptation has increased such that I am dry from alcohol for long intervals of time, drinking only very infrequently now. I stopped consuming cannabis years ago to start a new safety focused career where it's illegal to have THC in my body for federal regulatory reasons, call it medicine. The safety of my patients paramount to my sense of obligation and duty to honor God in all that I do, though my thoughts often wander towards unclean ideas made worse by online tools at times, its really a struggle to stay clean inside & out, a daily struggle to read & do the Holy Word from the Gospel of Christ Jesus according to the books of the New Testament in the Christian Bible as a Believer in Christ Jesus & God. 

I have faith in God, a faith in that which is unseen that does not meet the senses as a sensory experience of reality via signals from the eyes, ears & skin or body. Faith is made of that which is unseen. Some years ago I started to wonder what relationships are made of, literally, and that was the start of understanding how I could become a man of God! 

"There has got to be more than this" "There is something deeper beneath the surface" "I have a strong sense that there is more happening than meets the eye" and in these and other ways you probably sense that there is a far deeper truth out there waiting for you to find it. You know this is true because you feel a longing inside for something more than the temporary things of this world. 

When the thrills is gone tell God "Show me what I am looking for, Lord God"

What time is it? I am hungry! What's for dinner? Many people have similar thoughts, ten fingers, ten toes, have to sleep, eat, poo, pee, in other words all people share the same DNA & have much in common. 

What makes us different are lifestyle differences and subtle differences in thoughts, choices, actions, behaviors, personality, proclivities, interests, passions, obsessions, preferences, phobias, fears, uncertainties, beliefs, ideologies, ethics, morality & similar social aspects of who we grew up with & who we spend time with. 

What you think you know about life missing the greater detail or the bigger picture. The expression "the devil is in the details" only scratches the surface of what I am talking about.

You know that what I am saying is true, you have known it deep down inside your whole life, like a splinter in your mind that you can't quiet find but something gnawing at you underneath the surface, deeper than skin deep, clawing at your soul so that you pine for something more than anything this world can offer, something priceless and beautiful l that can only come by faith, practicing love for God! 


No comments:

Post a Comment