Search This Blog

Cardiovascular Exercise, Weight Training & Lifestyle Tuning

The benefits of regularly exercising are extensive on the body & mind, mental, emotional & physical health & wellness. Getting your heart rate up until your are covered in sweat, at least 150 min per week enough to stave off the deleterious effects of a sedentary lifestyle, especially when combined with a clean diet with enough water, healthy fats, quality proteins & fiber to enable good health, combined with interval fasting, metformin, NMN, lisinopril, my mix includes a single weak gin & tonic in the evening for enjoyment & a small boule of freshly baked break that I make from flour, water, salt & yeast daily in a dutch oven at 480 F or 270 C for 30 minutes with the lid on to steam the dough that I let rise at least 3x, stretching & folding the dough as I beat it down each time, to give strength to the dough so it can rise when baking in the oven. 


At the local Gym of our overpriced apartment, I walk and slowly ramp up on the treadmill to 4.2 mph, then job or run at 7 mph till my heart rate climbs above 160 bpm, then slow back down to a fast walk at 4.6 mph, then alternate back to fast & slow, fast & slow, for 20 min until I am drenched in sweat & breathing so hard that its hard to speak more than a few words before taking another breath. My HR average above 140 & peaks at over 170 bpm at these levels, as I cover just less than 2 miles of range equivalent. 

Weight training at 90lbs or 40kg level to improve my arm & upper body & back & leg strength. I have also been working on my core doing bench crunches & similar abdominal exercises. My body about 2x stronger now & I look more tone or ripped or fit & feel stronger when lifting, opening, moving, various mass manipulation tasks IRL, they all feel easier or lighter now thankfully! 

I slashed my daily ethanol intake to 22ml of gin with my q-tonic, some fresh lemon & lime juice, water & ice evening beverage :) So about 10ml of ethanol, less than a single serving of beer or wine. Sometimes I let myself have 2, the idea to micro-dose ethanol at sub-buzzed levels. I love the flavor of most Gin's that I have tried over the years, yes G&T's are my jam! I used to drink beer regularly, but gave that up to tighten up my tummy more :) The coolest part about reducing ethanol intake, no hang over :) It does not cause a weird reaction with my metformin or lisinopril at these lower doses, less than 1 shot or 2 max sometimes. I often or regularly skip breakfast & only eat lunch & lighter dinner. I am not doing CR or calorie restriction on purpose, but my body weight seems very stable around 160 lbs +- 4 lbs depending on when I measure & by body water levels. 

I love black coffee made in our gen. 4 aero-press with 20 grams of freshly ground espresso grind coffee & perhaps 350 ml of 180-190 F water in what I call gravity drip mode with a second rinse before plundering. I put the filter in the cap, screw it on, put the unit with the filter tighten in place over my ceramic mug, then place the funnel in the top, grab the small ceramic cup & place it in the Eureka Mignon Notte grinder set to level 2 (espresso fine) & press the ceramic cup against the start button for a few seconds until its filled with 18-20 grams of whatever coffee beans we have on hand in the hopper :) I then pour the freshly ground coffee grinds into the top of the aeropress by way of the funnel to keep from spilling. I take the counter-top electric kettle that's been heating & pour 185 F water into the aero-press until its almost full, then using the stir-stick to stir the water & coffee for 10 seconds, then top it off with more hot water & let it gravity drip into my cup for about 4 minutes. I put the kettle back on with more water & heat it back to 190 F & then use this water to rinse the hot wet coffee grinds in the aeropress with just enough water so that when I finally plunger it, it mostly fills my cup, with just enough room for a dash of whole milk, enough to cause a turbulent little storm or cream off-white & brown black liquid mixing, its really fun to watch, perhaps 1 oz of whole milk does the trick & tops off the coffee mug nearly all the way :) 

Resting heart rate decline from 69 to 49

Blood pressure went way down, from 250 over 120 to 128 over 74

Fasting glucose levels dropped from 105 to around 90 

Endurance improved, steadily improved how long I can do the elliptical or treadmill or exercise bike before building a full body sweat level :) 

Feel better & stronger, been sleeping better & more lately too! 

Mixed with weight training alternating days :) Bench press, less extension, ham & quad loading, overheat pull down, free weights & always 3 sets of 8 reps each. 

Staying fit feels good & good for the body & mind :) I feel better emotionally & psychologically, waking to a profound sense of peace & calm so intensively peaceful at first it felt like something was missing or wrong or off, because I was accustomed to having a milkshake mind fragmented & all other the place spinning constantly, waking me up, making it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, easy to wake up without getting enough sleep, stressed out. It seems like a distant memory even though I only started working out regularly, at least 3 days per week, sometimes more, about 3 months ago! I feel like a different person in a good way now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment