Search This Blog

State Farm Drive & Save Device Teardown


v3.2 left (gold antenna) : v2.2 right 
Drive & Do Not Save, It wastes your mobile data, drains your phone battery faster & it collects data that invades your privacy. 
The Drive & Save puck from Statefarm is a ripoff!  


I used this interesting tech puck thing for about 2 weeks before calling my agent to cancel the program. Using the online web interface showed that I was getting horrible scores, despite driving very safely in my manual tranny 14 Honda CRZ ex. I put the puck on the self in my garage for about a year & just decided to tear it down. The Statefarm Drive & Save puck requires the use of a Smartphone with the Statefarm mobile App paired to the puck with constant on bluetooth. 

Plastic welded: I never activated the 3M double sided tape! 

Tools to open it :) I am a device repair tech :)

Pop, pop, the plastic welds break easily! 

It opens cleanly, busted plastic closing pegs! 

The system on a chip with board logic

BR2477 Panasonic Made in Indonesia Battery
Low Drain Lithium Manganese Dioxide Primary
I am a battery expert :)  

Strong tab welds & well boded & tricky to defeat :) 

A compact Swisstech folding pliers broke the tab free,
thereby disconnecting the battery & powering off the puck!  


No comments:

Post a Comment