Search This Blog

Idolatry So Pervasive It Became "Normal"

I had this sinking suspicion that I was guilty of vanity, materialistic thinking & information & knowledge idolatry, but really never understood "how" until I was reading Ephesians & Philippians in the Christian Bible, the Amplified version, this morning, with Meg. 

Nearly everything I know & care or am interested in, a form of idolatry, excluding my interesting Faith in God & salvation through Christ Jesus. It becomes idolatry when you more value & focus on "it" & place it "mentally above" God & you relationship with God. My passions & interests & obsessions are all examples of me putting pointless temporary things & stuff that people needlessly consume from this world, above God. Via Amazon.com I am guilty of consuming things needlessly, buying things I like but do not actually need & deep down probably also do not really want, since owning so much creates a complicated life.

I even previously held a "retail" therapy idea & used it to encourage shopping on both Ebay & Amazon as a way to cope with stress, since other forms of coping mechanism are not available to me as a School Bus driver. As a driver with a commercial drivers license, I am randomly drug screened & thus in order to keep my job, must completely abstain from the consumption of common intoxicants, excluding & thankfully so tea & coffee. 

Certainly abusing sugary foods to cope with stress & anxiety; candies & desert items, simple carbohydrates & other low quality foods from the SAD or standard American diet, was a major causal factor in my developing Type 2 diabetes. I now consume both Metformin & Lisinopril to lower by blood sugar & A1C levels, to around an average of 100 & 4.5 respectively & to reduce my blood pressure to around  ~130 over ~75 from a higher untreated level of 220 over 130 before I started taking Lisinopril. 

My wrist watch collection & other items are example of me worshiping material goods. I am not really a fan of any specific sports team or any other organization on Earth. I am just not about most things, except "energy, engines, vehicles, nuclear reactors, applied technologies, smart things, & most other applied technologies that use electricity or fuel or anything energetic" I think mostly I am obsessed with energy & information via WIKIPEDIA & YouTube videos more recently. 

I am guilty of idiolizing worldly knowledge & understanding of facts & chemistry & physics & science or the knowledge of everything in general & even for years sought to gain superhuman knowledge about so many topics that I could appear like an expert on many domains while talking with other people. Technically I am a polymath because of the amount of knowledge I have acquired bother certified in college & on my own directive online, for decades, on computers & mostly in digital encyclopedias, starting with Microsoft Encarta back in the early 1990's. 

Now I must rework my cognitive index or data libraries in my brain, to unlearn most of what I know about the world. I must stop watching the evening news, stop reading news online, stop posting things that are idolatry. I need to stop buying things I do not need. I need to reform my thinking & stop speaking negativity & stop judging other people. I need most of all to stop idolizing information & knowledge that is pointless. I need to show other people more love & kindness & help other people more. I need to become a brighter higher functioning less selfish & more benevolent version of myself. I am excited to see the existing me die, because the idea of being in a perpetual hedonistic loop for another 40 years seemed bleak & pointless. 

I will continue to fail & sin & make mistakes even after integrating these biblical learnings. I was raised by idolaters, who themselves fell victim to mindset focused on vanity & shiny materialistic things. I love the people who raised me & am not judging them, only trying to explain that I come from a family history of appreciate "nicer" things * this setup a trap in my mind to embrace buying nicer stuff as a lifestyle. I hope that God illuminates in my mind ways to transcend broken patterns & foolish focuses from my life prior to today. I share this with you in the hope that you may also become free from the insanity of materialism & hedonistic worship of things other than God! Praise be to God & peace be with you brothers & sisters. 

Be safe out there, consider being kind & nice to other people & animals. I know you have a lot of potential to become an even better version of you! Think about it! Try to think of ways that you can get from where you are at right now to where you would like to be in the future! Try planning a way to get there! Execute your plans & revise as needed along the way. Life is a journey, not a distention. A happy life is not a zip code number, how big your bank account is, what you own, a happy life consists of a mix of things, of positive interactions with other people, with being honest with yourself & being someone you actually like, living as an example of the Light of Christ Jesus that illuminates all darkness & brings truth to situations filled with lies, who brings healing to those who are sick, who brings chain breaking mental clarity & spiral revelation to those hungry for change in their thinking, emotions & ways of speaking, conduction & action. When you walk with God in all ways, you will live more completely & more fully than you could without God & all the money in the world. You cannot hug money & money & things cannot freely love you back & you know this is true deep down in the core of your mind & soul! 



No comments:

Post a Comment