Search This Blog

Onions, Salads & Hard Wood Pellet Cooked & Smoked Chicken

Get a pseudo master's degree of "onion cooking" by watching this 48 min 55 sec long video on YouTube
http://youtu.be/KmBJTAUXpdU?si=ISex1GgwYx8iBCXH

I love onion, garlic, shallots, green onions, black pepper, serrano peppers, yellow, orange and red peppers, root veggies, beets, carrots, soups and stews that mix flavors to make a savory sweet symphony of aroma taste flavor smell enjoyment. Lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, these are the basis of my salads, fresh diced garlic cloves into the citrus juice in a large glass bowl. 

I fine dice spring mix salad greens and toss them in. I chop up an apple into small cubes and add it, then pour olive oil over the top, salt and pepper. I dice yellow, orange or red pepper and add those and put about a teaspoon of honey on top, then toss it all together. The garlic and onion are pungent, while honey and citrus and olive oil make a kind of fruity Italian like dressing, white the apple adds crunch along with some diced almonds I also add as a garnish, the fine diced greens come alive, pungent, bitter, sour, sweet and savory, the olive oil helps to coat the greens with this mix. 

These salads are often accompanied chicken that I season before hand, then hard wood pellet smoke enhanced I cook to flavorful juicy perfection on our tiny propane barbeque, though I only use the propane to get the wood pellets lit, then blow them out after 10 minutes of 500F cooking, to smoke the chicken for the last 10 minutes. I turn the chicken at the halfway point to cook both sides well, about 20 minutes total. Meg says this chicken the best she has ever had, savory, juice, flavorful, the hard wood smoke imparts flavor detain enhance by the dried onion, dried garlic, black pepper and salt of the seasoning applied to the chicken pieces before I precisely barbecue them with propane and wood pellets, the competition blend from Amazon.com. 

Learn about Egg's too http://youtu.be/KmBJTAUXpdU?si=ISex1GgwYx8iBCXH

No comments:

Post a Comment