Search This Blog

CO2 Record Breaking Level of 424 ppm in Earths Atmosphere

Say human over-population runaway climate-change with me! CO2 levels of 424 ppm is way higher than pre-industrial levels of 280 ppm!

Thats not a natural change, its an alarming rate of change that's been accelerating as human population increased & human activity increased. When graphed the change rate looks like a hockey stick, or exponential growth rate. 


Burning carbon to energize society when we know how to use nuclear fission fuel breeding to make heat & electricity to energize all human activity with endless reprocessing of spent fuel rods & burning of existing nuclear waste. 

Say this with me, complete decarbonization of all human energy systems with nuclear fuel breeding fission reactors by the thousands to make heat & electricity to empower all human activities so that 10 billion people can thrive with wealth & prosperity for all for thousands of years without burning carbon making acidic air pollutants like we are doing broadly today. 

Carbon dioxide levels reaching record high levels in Earth's atmosphere according to scientists from the NOAA & SIO "A steady climb into territory not seen for millions of years"

51% higher than the 280ppm levels during pre-industrial times! 

Levels of carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere reached another record high last month, scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography announced Monday.

Tipping Points Tipped

Its not a steady iterative increase problem of gradual change as CO2 levels increase

When certain activities are achieved, a cascade or feedback effect of runaway rapid change happens

This means that climate and weather suddenly destabilize causing losses in agricultural production that then give rise to rising food prices and food shortages that end up causing starvation and killing off people who lack access to foods or cannot afford them. This means that crime increases along the way as society rapidly destabilizes & governments fail to gain control over the chaos that ensues.

Its not just evil to blow air pollutants into other people's faces with tailpipe emissions of vehicles without emissions controls, even vehicles with advanced emissions controls emit a lot of air pollutants. Consider the 2019 used Nissan LEAF SV that I purchased for $20K out the door with 47,747mi ODO- When Nissan manufactured that EV in Smyrna Tennessee, it resulted in the release of about 20 tons of CO2. 

Furthermore, making the air cooled lithium manganese aluminum nickel copper aluminum 40kWh battery pack created all sorts of other pollution problems in the mining industry to render those elements into highly purified forms shipped in diesel trucks & ships that burn heavy fuel oil all around the world. The entire supply chain to make the EV exceedingly carbon intensive, such that this LEAF SV will only become carbon neutral when it gets to 60,000 mi ODO. So far the odometer at 48,880mi as of yesterday, so I am on the way there. 

Fortunately, where I charge the grid power mix mostly hydroelectric and relatively cheap at less than $0.15 per kWh. I have friends that pay $0.03 per kWh in Grant County, in Eastern Washington, where the cheapest hydroelectric power in the entire world available to utility customers because of a supply glut locally & low local demand. 

This means the operating cost of an EV largely depends on what you are paying to recharge its battery pack. Also your driving style, how you accelerate, how you keep the vehicle speed, how you regen when slowing or keep the power meter in the neutral flow zone, if you hypermile or not, if you drive hard or fast, its how you drive that varies your energy economy the most. 

I am currently achieving a trending average energy economy of 4.9mi/kWh / which is not bad for the slightly less than 2 ton largely steel based BEV :) People who drive the same LEAF SV with a heavy acceleration style see more like 2.8-3.3mi / kWh, while people who drive very light safety slower smarter hypermile in warm dry areas with very low speed wind & flat terrain can see 4.5-7.1mi/ kWh, with some hypermiling experts able to achieve up to 12.1-26.3mi kWh on special routes with a few pulse & glide techniques.

Your the most important nut to tighten in the car / meaning driving safety paramount or most important for the driver to focus on while operating a vehicle that can easily harm or kill other people with largely human caused accidents. 

Pencils and pens do not make people spell incorrectly

Nor does the keyboard on your laptop or desktop cause you to misspell words your typing.

Gun crimes are a human problem, just like most vehicle accidents. In other words, by upgrading peoples thinking with smarter safety focused driving, we can radically reduce vehicle emissions, radically reduce fuel consumption, radically improve air quality, radically improve peoples budgets & lives by helping them spend less money at the gas station by simply applying slower safety focused hyper-mile smarter driving techniques with skill excellent focus on continual self improvement as a driver! 

AMG CLA 35 2L Turbo 7sp DSG Fantasy 

The 2.0 liter turbo engine with direct injection gets connected to a 7 speed DSG transmission in this AMG base model vehicle that gets 19-36 MPG real world while burning premium gasoline fuel with class leading aerodynamic efficiency. A luxury sedan I have been eyeing for some time now. 

2023 Toyota Prius so sexy that even my wildest AMG combustion engine dreams of turbo-charged fast shifting action give way to higher thermal efficiency hybrid synergy drive technology that produces more than 50 miles per gallon on regular gasoline in the real world. 

Nissan LEAF SV able to render TCO or total cost of operation daily cost per milage of only $0.04 per mile (even with crazy high tab fee's, & replacing the fading battery pack, try fueling any car with $4 worth of gasoline to go 130+ miles to get anywhere near the lower CPM cost per mile rates that a used Nissan LEAF can achieve around town. Not ideal for a road-trip, these low range per charge EV's are commuter cars meant to ferry people around locally, to the grocery store & work & back, not to go on long trips. Trains & airplanes are better for long trips anyway. 

So if I have a perfectly configured Nissan LEAF SV, what's with the AMG fascination? Motorsports history silly. I am a petrochemical nerd, obsessed with engines, motors, gearing, vehicles, cars, powersports, bicycles, motorcycles, trucks, busses, trikes, bikes, anything with a motor or engine & wheels and tires that rolls down roadways with people onboard or attached as riders.

I am obsessed with transportation energy technology and read greencarcongress.com regularly to follow along with what's happening. I don't actually think the EV revolution go to be a good solution for all people worldwide, since it will be needed to make bio-gasoline and other bi-fuels since we cant make all vehicles battery electric. I believe that crude oil will be used to make everything other than transportation fuels as more biofuels enter the market. I am thinking that compost waste gas recovery and trash gas recovery LBG liquified bio-gas will be a good transportation fuel in vehicles currently powered by LNG or natural gas. 

I am thinking of DME in propane like tanks upgraded into diesel vehicles, so they get better energy economy and emit dramatically less tailpipe pollution. I envision upgrading vehicles with start-stop technology so they are not getting negative fuel economy when stopped at a traffic intersection. I am thinking of electric turbo-chargers with energy recovery. Fully variable intake & exhaust valves like the pneumatic free-valve system. Axial flux electric motor assist turbo direct injection gasoline engine vehicles with 1000 miles of range using only 11 gallons of gasoline to go that far :) Think ultra high thermal efficiency, ultra low fuel consumption, excellent fuel economy. 

If Mercedes Benz gave me a AMG CLA 35 for free, I would honorably act as a brand ambassador in exchange for this gift, even if they only loaned it to me for a few years :) I am more likely to get hit by an asteroid on the way to work today, but who knows, maybe an Executive at Mercedes will read my blog posting & decide to pimp my life with a dope AMG luxury sedan for a bit!

Helicopter or boat, at least the car can get me A to B & is therefor more practical. I have a cold virus making my sinus drippy at the moment, so while I would like to ride my 2020 Yamaha MT-03 to work, sneezing in my helmet not a safe way to ride, so the 19 LEAF SV going to bring me to work & back for my morning routes today, after which a nap will likely help my immune system code for antibodies so I can get well & recover from the relatively weak upper respiratory track virus. 

Using myself as an example. I really want an AMG car, but cant justify buying one & Meg would get mad at me if I did, so the only way I can operate one is if Mercedes hooks me up with one. Hey Mercedes, I love your handmade AMG engines, can you help a brother out by hooking me up with a vehicle with such an engine so I can operate it as a daily driver for a while? I will gladly trade my Nissan LEAF SV in for such a machine if you can do so sans fee's or on the cheap since I am a low budget School Bus Driver in Bellevue Washington USA for the 405 BSD respectively. 

With the US economy on the fritz, about to move to a tiny home, so much change up in the air, even a LECTRIC step-through long-range eBike yet to arrive to our vehicle collection for summer fun :) I am so nervous & excited that sleeping more than a few hours seems challenging since I wake up with engineering vehicle fantasy ideas of AMG joy floating around along with the beautiful new Prius from Toyota. The 2023 Prius the best looking one yet, and with 200+ horsepower, its also the fastest & most fuel efficient. Snap! Hey Toyota, want to hook me up with a 23 Prius? I would be honored to have such a beautiful daily driver :) Did I mention that cars are not eco-friendly no matter what they are fueled or powered by. They are resource intensive to manufacture, operate, maintain, repair, and recycle EOL or at the end-of-life scrapping. 

I am so sick with a cold virus now that I had to call out of work for the PM route. My symptoms are peaking with a water faucet face, fever, chills, joint pain, low energy, passing out repeatedly. I did bust out the hose & gave the 19 Nissan LEAF SV its first thumb on hose with water pressure rinse without soap, using only one paper towel section to clean bird poop or similar off a few spots. Just doing that wiped out my energy. I did a little bit of kitchen cleaning too & even put a load of towels in the washing machine, then when done into the dryer. I feel drained like I ran a marathon now. Despite lots of water intake my urine still darker in color, and my face is sore from blowing my nose so much. 

I watched a Scotty Kilmer video about how rich people drive cheap cars & how poor people drive luxury cars, and that about knocked out my desire for buying a used AMG luxury car. Deep down I just love auto sports, motorsports, rally racing, F1, kart racing, motorcycles, scooters, supercars, especially those made by Pagani & Koenigsegg respectively. The McLaren F1 the coolest car ever made aside from the Porsche 959, though I am a big fan of the Mazda Miata and Lotus Elise.

It was Prius by Toyota that really sold me and took my heart, combining electric motors with a high thermal efficiency gasoline engine that runs on regular unleaded pump gasoline, with nearly 50 MPG real world, wow, each new generation of Prius even better than the last. I even like that Toyota held off on making EV's until the battery & motor & motor controller technology was way better, noting that a highly efficient hybrid electric car has a low total carbon footprint than a similar long range heavy BEV or battery electric vehicles made with 100+ kWh of lithium ion batteries, like a Tesla Model S P100D which is otherwise exceptional as a high performance luxury car that eat tires & car insurance premiums at voracious rates that only truly wealthy people can actually afford. 

I have a sweet spot in my heart for things that are Premium Efficiency, or ultra-high efficiency, like air source heat pumps with a COP of 7.1 and SEER rating of 38 / think ultra fuel-efficient passenger cars & the blending wing aircraft that use 2X less fuel per unit of mass moved than even Boeing 787 which has class leading low fuel consumption. I am talking about nuclear fuel breeding fission reactors with integral fuel reprocessing onsite. I am talking about free piston helium lubricated Stirling engines of unmatched thermal efficiency. Hydrogen fuel cells with unmatched net system energy density. What is possible with sapphire bearings, vacuum insulation, cryogenics, and aerospace grade technology :) I especially like when dope technology mass produced like Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive so that it meaningfully improves the lives of hundreds of millions of people, while reducing air & water pollutiom, reducing fuel consumption, reducing the waste of crude oil as a transportation fuel when its better used as a petrochemical resource, black gold symphony of chemical precursors :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment