Search This Blog

RingConn Smart Ring (No App Subscription) Activity/Sleep/Stress/Heart Rate Monitor iOS & Android (Silver, Size 13) Too Big/ Ordered Sizing Kit / Pending Size Testing Before Ordering Next One

After spending more than a week doing research on alternatives to the Oura Gen 3 Horizon smart ring, I arrived at the RingConn Smart Ring in "Moonlit Silver Color) Size 13 for my right pointer finger or ASIN B0D13WB7GG released April 8th, 2024 by Guangdong Jiu Zhi Technology Co., Ltd.

** Update I measured my finger using a zip tie to have exactly 70mm circumference / 3.14 (pi) for a diameter of 22.2929mm which corresponds to a US 13 size, but it was way too big in size 13 so I am sending it back. That means I also ordered the sizing kit since the manufacturer says the sizes are non standard and the RingConn smart ring needs to fit snugly without rotating so the sensor bumps can gather light health data from your finger flesh via LED red & green light pulse flash CMOS recording. Printing off the return sticker, lithium ion battery warning sticker, taping the box closed, and bringing it to the local UPS store relatively easy. It's really my fault for not taking the manufacturers advice to try their sizing kit before ordering with zeal and excitement thinking that my accurate finger measurement and math would suffice to enable ordering the correct size. I normally wear size 10 rings on my ring fingers, but wanted to wear the smart ring on my pointer fingers which are larger, but not size 13 apparently even though the data for size 13 matches my careful measurement and math.  

The include battery charging case extends portable operation when both are fully charged to over 100 days



The companion app for iPhone or Android offers deep health insights, a heart rate timeline, heart rate, hart rate variability, sleep analytics, activity monitoring, and a cleaver stress index.

For a few years I have been eyeing smart watches by Garmin that include recovery score, readiness score, sleep score, with very long multi-day battery life and solar PV charging in the face & all sorts of other features and functions typical of the the Garmin Smart Watch lineup as of 2024.

Year ago I converted a compact square iPod into a crude smart watch with a strap mount attachment. This was a few years before Apple launched Apple Watch Series 1. Meg & I both wear Apple Watches now, a Series 8 in black with a bright neon yellow green strap on my right wrist, and Meg a Series 9 with a bright yellow strap on her left wrist respectively.

I recently wrote a blog posting telling people to avoid buying the Ultrahuman Air Ring because the smart watches offer superior sensors, superior health sensing, superior app experiences, & are a robust multi-billion dollar program at Apple & Samsung with excellent long term support & regular software and firmware updates. The only smart ring with that level of detail, fit, finish, polish, user support, high quality app & excellence overall would be from Oura, but the $6/mo subscription for Oura to work means $70/yr or $350 in app subscription fee's over 5 years.

Noting that Apple launching Vitals App and Series 10 in later 2024, I am adding this $261.41 (total price) RingConn Smart Ring as an on body network device to pair with my iPhone 14 regular & Series 8 Apple Watch for enhanced body tracking. I also want to compare the information from the Apple Watch to the RingConn in order to have multiple channels of data.
Useful that the RingConn able to pair its data with iOS Health app, since that app also takes data from the Apple Watch to produce useful health insights with biological tracking bio data unique to each person regarding the wearers heart rate, breathing rate, blood oxygen saturation, sleep cycles, and even can perform an EKG when manually activated. 

Apple Watch can do text messages, take and make phone calls, vibrate with turn to turn navigation active on iPhone Apple Maps app and has 58 other functions that no smart ring matches yet. When Apple launches the Vital app via software updates in iOS 18, this will be around the same time that Oura launches Gen 4 smart rings.

RingConn smart ring & associated smartphone app offers an innovative timeline that documents data collected in a timeline that highlights aspects of your day when you look at the information and try to make intelligible sense of it.

Compact, light weight, made of durable titanium, RingConn and other smart rings are great for people who don't like to wear anything on their wrists. Also many smart watches light up with movement and emit a bunch of red and green blinking light between the watch body and wrist, which can be annoying in bed, especially when the fully color display lights up from movement. 

I suggest turning off "Raise to Wake" in the Apple Watch settings via the Watch App in iOS on iPhone. I spent a few minutes a week reviewing the Health app information on my iPhone based on Biodata collected from the Series 8 Apple Watch. When people ask my why I wear a self winding automatic mechanic wrist watch on my left wrist and a Apple Watch on my right, I tell them the Apple Watch a glorified $500 fitness tracker with 50 other features and functions I make use of sparingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment