Search This Blog

Apple Watch Series 8 Black with Black Zirconia Ceramic & Stainless Steel Band Kit

Right wrist rocks the latest Apple Watch paired to my iPhone 14. Left wrist a classic digital Casio G-Shock, Citizen Eco-Drive, NH35A automatic 24 jewel 3044 Invicta Grand Diver, Seiko 3R36 Automatic with Metallic Orange Bezel or the OG Seiko 5 4R26 automatic from Overstock.com my first automatic wrist watch, or even a Croton SS & Ceramic quarts from Papa Schwarz or any of several other quartz or automatic movement watches in my collection, the Titanium Eco-Drive my personal favorite- I even recently changed out its 14 year old Lithium Titanate battery with a new one :) 

I use Apple Watch as an elaborate Fitness & Sleep tracker, alarm clock, to check the time to set my other watches, to text message & make phone calls, to query Siri, to check the weather & it seems to work great. The ceramic Apple Watch Strap & 8th Gen. Apple Watch survives my submarine water saving shower where I use a few minutes of warm hot water to rinse off, then turn the water off & soap up all the way, then warm rinse off, not every day, more like every 3rd day or about 2x per week or 3x per week during spring, summer and autumn when I am more physically active, sweaty & smell more ripe accordingly. I wash my watched with soap and water so water resistance key functionally to keep them fresh & clean! 

I charge my Apple Watch at home using its charging cable magnetic puck into my laptop or into a power adapter in my car that can charge my iPhone lightning port connection & has 2 USB-A outlets with 4.8amps of power, so iPhone & Apple Watch can charge at the same time while I am driving to work. I only do the car charging if I space out during my morning routine since I wake & leave very early as a school bus driver, covering just less than 10 miles one way to get to work, mostly via i90 & i405 to downtown Bellevue, Wa, USA. I love being a school bus driver too :) There are 6 other school bus drivers at the bus hub when I work that have Nissan LEAF or Chevy Bolt EV's. They all love them too & gave me very encouraging advice to get another LEAF after I explained that I leased a 24kWh 2013 LEAF S for 24 months, then purchased a used 2015 Nissan LEAF S and drove it for 3 years and ended up trading it for Meg's Prius III. 

Phone calls on the wrist via Apple  like James Bond or Dick Tracy or Inspector Gadget, the Apple Watch has really poor battery life & high maintenance daily charging required in stark contrast to my other watches. I aim to take it off its magnetic charger over USB-C connection to our M2 MacBook Pro when the battery gets to around 80% state of charge. Keeping LiPo batteries in gadgets included EV's between 30-80% makes them last 5-10x longer. It's the top 10% of charging from 90% to 100% that causes the most damage, as does draining to below 5%. 

I am nearly ready to buy a lightly used 40kWh Nissan LEAF with Meg's blessing. We have to file our income tax first. I am ready to drive electric again after missing our them 2015 Nissan LEAF S for many years now. That was my most favorite of any car I have ever had. I love the way the Nissan S drives, silent with instant torque. I use a OBDII BlueTooth ELM reader to the LEAF SPY app to get the infographic data on the battery wattage motor & other variables & statistics on the go // to keep an eye on the under the hood operations & electrical actions of the affordable family EV! I will need to update my Geico car insurance to reflect the vehicle change! 

Our Apartment all electric too, using 1800-2000kWh per month because my mother likes keeping the indoor temperature around 76F when its 30-50 F outside, resulting in very high energy costs of nearly $280 per month. When she goes to be with God, Meg & I plan to stay here & lower the thermostat settings to 68 F warm and 60F at night & will cut the Comcast Xfinity Triple Play from $220 per month to just blast speed internet for $80 or less per month. We will close out our storage unit, sell the Audi, use the garage & other bedroom to move the storage unit items in so we can gradually sort through them & downsize & summarize, recycle, donate, sell & consolidate our old stuff that's disused in dry storage that we are paying $230 per moth for. That's more than $500 per month in savings upcoming. 

I am actually going to buy a Nissan LEAF, BEV in the immediate future after discussing the issue at more length with Meg. We are going to give Alan our 05 Prius II because he will get a lot more use & save a lot more on fuel more quickly on his road trips for work & to visit his grand children. I have enjoyed Astro the Prius for 17 years & it's now time for him to bring Alan gasoline savings at $4.50 per gallon // I found a nice 2019 Blizzard White 40kWh base model Leaf for $20k out the door all said & made a deal, it had 46,867 miles ODO & the dealer going to fix some issue with the paint & cracked front window replaced, so it was a good deal. It drives nice & is very cool & Meg & I really like it! I have visited the Nissan Dealer in Renton & South Bellevue & used their LEVEL 3 fast chargers at 50kw to fast boost the battery pack from 40-69% / keeping the battery charge in the middle of the charge range makes them last a lot longer, up to 5-10x longer than 100% charging & draining to 1% or fully deep cycling. This applies to portable electronics with lithium ion batteries like a smart watch or smart phone or smart clothing or anything lithium ion or Li-ion powered. BEV or battery electric vehicles like the 3rd gen. LEAF 2S that we purchased 4 years old with about 500 cycles on its battery pack. I can still travel more than 135 mi per charge, and takes off like a bat out of hell with instant torque & some 147 HP & 286 ft-lbs of torque, that's around 100kW power & 388 N*m newton meters of torque respectively. Its actually a Second Generation NISSAN LEAF, but I called it 3rd generation because the first in 2010 was 24kWh, then in 2014 and updated version was 30kWh, then in 2018 to 40kWh. Our 2019 features the J1772 LEVEL 2 charging port for ~7kw charging rates & the CHAdeMO LEVEL 3 DC fast charging at up to 50kw, though the rate tapers to 18kw as the charge state approaches 70% & battery temperature increases. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment