Search This Blog

Physical Fitness & Lifestyle Ideologies

Your brain controls your muscles & movements & balance & coordination connected to your body via your spinal column & nerves. Posture important as is staying well hydrated. Breathe through your nose not your mouth. Think about where your getting the real value out of life & save your money! 


Even if you are stuck in a wheel chair, move more & improve blood flow to your brain. Healthy lifestyle a mix of things. Think about how the stuff you buy contributes value to your life & how frugality intelligent & can help you weather financial storms in the future // 

Your Mind State Limits Your Outcomes

I have seen people skiing & playing tennis in a wheelchair. Your mind the most important screw to tighten up in your gear. You have absolutely free will & agency & freedom to choose what you think about & do as a person. You must believe in yourself & have goals to achieve in order to get to a better place in the future. You must have a plan, like this. To buy a home where I live almost cost prohibitive for all but the highest or exceptional income earners. My wife & I for example must save up a ton of money to buy land so that we can have a pre-fab home builder build a modest low cost home for us in the future. That is the plan & getting there about saving money. Little Dicky the jewish rap artist made a song about save that money to encourage frugality & moderation & financial planning & saving money & not over spending & getting sale prices & good deals on the stuff you actually need. 

Needs vs Wants / Save that Money 

We all want something & we all need other things. Sometimes you get what you want & not what you need, lyrics of Fix You a song by Coldplay, & it speaks to an ideology about life itself. Most material objects are of limited long term value, are prone to wearing out or becoming technological obsolete. I am wearing a Series 1 Apple Watch from back then, 6 years ago & have changed the battery twice by taking it apart & fixing it by removing the OEM battery & putting in another battery. There are kits on ifixit.com with tools & parts & instructions if you want to do the same. Often a smartphone & smartwatch just needs a replacement battery to keep going. Meg used her 2016 iPhone SE for 6 years too & I also changed the battery in that one twice to keep it going. Eventually she got an iPhone 12 mini to replace the OG SE because it was glitching & flaking out. The idea here to think like a business & try to get the most life & enjoyment out of things you already have. 

Financial Fitness 

Fitness buff a term used to describe someone who embraces a lifestyle of going to the gym or playing sports & eating clean & healthy meals, doing interval fasting, staying well hydrated with water, getting enough healthy sleep & waking up early to make it happen! But since physical fitness starts with the same kind of thinking as saving money & financial planning, you can use the same brain cells you use to play games & sports or recreation to invest & save & do long term financial planning. As with many things in life, what you learn in one area of life can be broadly applied to other areas

Value Oriented

Look past the things you own or want to the value to add to your life or not. Are you being duped into buying things that steal your money without adding value to your life ? When you buy something ask yourself how will this thing serve me in 1 year 5 years or 10 years. Ask yourself how long with this thing last or how long will I be able to maintain an interest in using it or making use of it. A lot of people have many things that sit idle because trying to use them all would fracture their focus like a Blendtec blender fractures ice to make ketogenic fiber berry smoothies after a good workout :P I am a value oriented shopper & hate to overpay for anything as I view that as a rip off. I paid full price $217 total with tax & shipping for a pair of 4D FDW Adidas 3D printed midsole state of the art photopolymer running shoes & will be going for a run in them again soon. This is a rare example of me paying the full price as an early adopter of a brand new technology & represents a departure in my previous thinking of prospecting & waiting for the second or third gen of something before even considering buying one. 

Hungry for Healthy Change

I have ankle problems that cause me much pain & were made worse by sky high blood pressure & high blood sugars that took me a while to figure out & deal with. I take metformin for the blood glucose reduction & lisinopril to reduce my blood pressure to a normal healthier range. I also take a few multivitamins, a full spectrum B complex, a daily mens multi-vitamin & a D3. The idea with vitamins to make up for acute nutritional deficits from not being able to practically consume a rainbow of plant based phytonutrients daily. Diet related to culture & I was brought up as a junk food jockey by my parents who are or were, very sick from eating carbs in excess & having high triglycerides in their blood & heart disease & type 2 diabetes & other health issues that largely stem from high stress levels & an unhealthy diet of candy & sugary excesses, perhaps used to cope with the stress.

Walking, Jogging & Running

I like hiking, bicycle riding & going for walks with Meg. Jogging & Running seems prohibitive to do given the ankle pain I have been experiencing for a few years. I recently lost by health insurance because I am between jobs now & do not get benefits at my new job for many months after I start working a school bus driver. I still need to pass the 4 DOL tests to get my CMV learners permit & then start the official training to drive the bus with the school district later this month. A few hoops to jump through, I have been studying the commercial vehicles manual from the DOL intensely & using the DMV Genie app on my 20 iPhone SE to test myself. It looks like I will be ready to punish the written tests early next week :) So if I have ankle pain, why jog or run ? To get healthy cardio & build up a good sweat & like HIT high intensity interval training, really acutely stress my body to improve my overall health. While chronic stress toxic, exercises acute stresses actually strengthen the body! So get out there into the world & move more & get the blood pumping to your muscles & brain & strengthen your heart & lungs therein, you can becoming a stronger, faster, brighter & higher functioning version of you! 

Inspirational Faith

I get a lot of my faith from Christ Jesus & God & this idea that there is no rest for a sinner because money does not grow on tree's, unless you own a vineyard & sell the grapes for wine making :P I am racing against myself, my former self. I am becoming who God wants me to be! With that, I am off to got for a short intense jog/ run! Having a healthy mindset means different things but many people find encouragement & uplifting joy from holding Holy Faith in God & through Christ Jesus as their Lord & Savior. Its about love & showing love to other people because everyone struggling with something! Be a real natural leader & help other people any way that you can think of /// please think about it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment