Search This Blog

Appreciation, Gratefulness, & Thankfulness / Healthy Mental Focusing

Have an attitude of gratitude also a state of mind that encourages appreciation for people & the things you love or like in your life that you are also genuinely thankful for. Let's explore these uplifting ideas more... 

Acknowledging the good and deliberately expressing your thankfulness or gratitude by telling those people that you love & appreciate them or thanking God or your job or your country for the nice things, blessings you have. 

A positive optimistic appreciative healthy mental focus can help you to gain control over your thoughts while also promoting healing enjoyable emotions and an improved attitude, while this helps life's stresses diminish in subjective intensity so as to improve your health, wellbeing, and wellness, especially because of how it helps to lower blood pressure.

You can start practicing appreciation, gratitude, and thankfulness by deliberately bringing to mind 5 things or people in your life that you really like or love. It could be your favorite colors, flavors, tastes, smells, foods, drinks, persons, vehicles, clothes, shoes, watches, or whatever you know deep down inside that you genuinely enjoy as much as you are able. 

Shallow Examples

I have a Seiko 5 wristwatch with a sunburst metallic orange dial and tastefully brushed stainless steel case & band, that features lumen glow-in-the-dark hands & dots for the hours like a diving watch. The precision 4R36 automatic movement features hacking while the stem located near the 5 hour marker instead of 3 so it doesn't dig into my wrist like other watches.

The gold-plated stainless steel second, minute & hour hands are nicely finished & the warm yellow color of the gold plating goes well with the orange color of the dial, while the black bezzle ring has a polished stainless geometrically textured edge grip with a black epoxy inlay with gold-colored numbers, and this bezzle ring rotates counter-clockwise with a satisfying clicky sound so as to enable using it as a timer with the second, minute or hour hands.

The hacking feature allows winding of the mainspring without pulling the stem out like you would to set the time or date rings on similar wristwatches without this feature. Its heavy enough without being annoyingly heavy or bulky. The band clasp is secure and thoughtfully designed with a triple safety locking mechanism. This (male jewelry) wristwatch matches the thick palladium plated sterling silver 5.5 oz Rolo-chain necklace that's also my daily & favorite. 

If I am feeling sick or out of it or not well or angry, I look upon this watch & it reminds me of all the ways that God has blessed me. Sometimes when I am feeling really sick, I grab the chain on my neck & feel the thick metal links & think of the time & memories when my sister Andrea helped me negotiate to buy this chain in Mexico back in 2003, for $100, and how I had Dave of Dacel's Jewelry have his tech plate the chain with palladium for $50 a few years later.

The plating & silver oxidation on the chain have formed interesting contrasting dark color between the links while the surfaces are bright polished and resist tarnishing, so as time goes on the contrasting nature of the look improves, like patina on a copper roof, giving the necklace a unique timeless look that exceeds its value as metal scrap or even as a superficial ornament. 

Faith, Family, Friendship & Food

I practice focusing on how I am appreciative to God for creating my life, for my beautiful wife, for my food, water, home, having something to eat or drink, the clothes on my back, my money, my vehicles, my wonderful job, and all the nice people I work with, and my beautiful family & friends.

Beautiful Phenomena

I love to consider the small things in life, beautiful sunsets, flowers, bee's, honey, kind gestures, loving words of encouragement, kindness from random strangers, being calm & patient & treating others with loving kindness, dignity & respect. I also like to reflect on delicious meals that I have enjoyed with other people that I love & how I feel hopeful & look forward to doing that again in the future. 

Healthy Habits Healing

Making thankfulness a daily focus can build a healthy habit that will have a positive effect on your mind, body, emotions, feelings & in this way can improve the way you relate to other people, while also having the ability to generate a warm glow state of being as you get better at focusing on the aspects of your life that create feelings of contentment & satisfaction.

I am thinking of some movies that I really liked, like the Shawshank Redemption or Schindler's List. 

Shalom & Blessings Friends, or 73 Ham radio friends, this is KJ7IOF signing off on this post :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment